Here's to an amazing 2016


I use Leonie Dawson's Create Your shining Life in

2016 Biz and Life Workbooks

Do your self a favour and treat yourself. They are awesome for goal setting and following through on your goals throughout the year!

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Homemade Baileys Irish Cream

Every Christmas for years now I have been making homemade Irish Cream. 
The recipe I have used is over 20 years old and uses eggs.

Irish Creme3 eggs
1 tin condensed milk
300ml thickened cream
1 cup whisky
1 1/2 tsp chocolate topping
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 tsp coconut essence

Blend/beat

This is my original recipe but over the years I have adapted it.  I found it was too eggy with 3 eggs so usually use 1 or 2 at the very most. The original recipe tastes more like an eggnog than a Baileys.  I also use more whisky.  It stores well in the fridge and is great served over crushed ice.  I blend mine up in the thermomix for 20 seconds or less (don't blend too much or the cream will whip and become really thick.
I just searched online and came up with loads more recipes not using eggs.  Tomorrow I am going to try this one out using coffee and no eggs.

Handmade Baileys Irish Creme makes a great homemade present too.  Pour into some lovely glass bottles, label and tie with some festive coloured ribbons.
YUM!

I would like to invite you to come and join my Creativity List. 
It is chocca block full of fantastic content from freebies and special offers to kids craft ideas and small handmade business articles.


As a thank you, you get not one but two free Ebooks.



plus


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails